AstraZeneca resumes coronavirus vaccine trial
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
GMR Hyderabad International Airport adds three more flight options to UAE
- As per a statement from the Airport, Passengers who want to travel to Dubai or fly back to Hyderabad can opt for airline carriers – Emirates and Fly Dubai.
- Those willing to travel between Sharjah and Hyderabad can do so with Air Arabia.
Police name Sitaram Yechury, Yogendra Yadav, Jayati Ghosh, in supplementary charge sheet.
Sonia Gandhi leaves for US for routine medical check-up: Sources
- Gandhi, 73, is expected to be away for around a fortnight and will miss more than half of the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
- She had cleared the Congress’ organisational restructuring before departing for her medical check-up.
North Bihar to get air connectivity before Chhath festival: Hardeep Puri
Airlines face suspension if passengers violate selfie regulations
- The DGCA has issued a fresh order under which airlines can face two-weeks suspension of scheduled flight operations on routes where such violations are reported and no action has been taken.
- The flight operations will be be restored only after the airline has taken necessary punitive action against those responsible.
India, ASEAN review strategic ties; adopt new five-year plan of action
Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdogan slams Emmanuel Macron amid Mediterranean tensions
Prashant Bhushan moves SC; seeks right to appeal in contempt conviction, hearing by larger, different bench
Justice NV Ramana on the state of Indian Judiciary
SC judge N V Ramana said that judges are now becoming victims of “juicy gossips” and “slanderous social media postings” as they restrain themselves from speaking in their own defence.
Government’s three farm ordinances ‘death knell’ for agriculture, alleges Congress
- The ordinances seek to provide barrier-free trade for farmers’ produce outside notified farm mandis, and empower farmers to enter into farming agreements with private players prior to the production for sale of agri-produce.
- Congress’ chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala expressed solidarity with those protesting against the ordinances and said the party will fight the Modi government “tooth and nail” on this issue.
Delhi reiterates its stand on Afghanistan
EAM S Jaishankar conveyed that India’s policy on Afghanistan had been consistent. India believes any peace process… https://t.co/a95nTsOE7K
— ANI (@ANI) 1599910501000
CJI S A Bobde’s pandemic prescription
He said that the COVID-19 pandemic would present a “huge pendency of cases” in courts and a lot of emphasis has to be placed on utilising mediation for resolving many of these matters.
Will the balancing act be enough to save Congress?
With Congress undergoing a massive organisational churning, the return of 3 stalwarts- Digvijaya Singh, Salman Khurshid and Tariq Anwar is seen as a delicate balancing act to stamp Rahul Gandhi’s authority by sidelining several dissenting voices.
Vodafone Idea, recently rebranded as Vi, becomes co-sponsor for IPL 2020
- The sponsorship announcement comes after the telecom carrier launched the unified brand Vi, having completed the integration of Vodafone India and Idea Cellular.
- Dream11 had won the title sponsorship rights of the 53-day cricket event for Rs 222 crore last month after Smartphone company Vivo dropped out of the this year’s sponsorship.
Retail tomato prices surge to Rs 80-85 per kg in Delhi due to tight supply
- Mother Dairy’s Safal vegetable outlets were selling tomato at Rs 78/kg, while e-tailer Grofers at Rs 74-75/kg and Big Basket at up to Rs 60 per kg.
- The rates have suddenly shot up this week on reports of lower arrival of the new crop from key growing states, according to traders.
- Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh are the states with deficit tomato production.
Peninsular India likely to receive widespread rain in next 5 days: IMD
The agency further predicted heavy rain at isolated places over sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Sikkim, and northeast India during the next three to four days.
PLA handed over five youths from Arunachal Pradesh ten days after they went missing
IAF to get land in Uttarakhand to carry out activities in border areas
Setting up facilities like air defence radars and an advance landing ground in Uttarakhand’s hilly districts of Chamoli, Pitgoragarh and Uttarkashi will be of great help to the air force, the AOC-in-C said.
6 persons arrested in Mumbai for running an international racket of illegal call centers
6 persons arrested in Mumbai by Detection Crime Branch’s Special Team for running an international racket of illegal call centers targeting US & Canadian citizens & defrauding them. Smartphones, laptops & illegally procured databases seized: Crime Intelligence Unit, Mumbai Police
6,846 new COVID-19 cases reported in UP in last 24 hrs, 6,085 people discharged.
- Active cases 67,955.
- A total of 2,33,527 people discharged.
- Total death toll 4,349.
- Recovery rate is 76.35%.
- Case fatality rate is 1.42% -less than the national average.
- 1,40,562 samples were tested in the state yesterday. A total of 73,58,471 samples tested so far in Uttar Pradesh: UP Principal Health Secretary Amit Mohan Prasad
ED issues an order for seizing properties held by S Jagathrakshakan
Enforcement Directorate issues an order for seizing properties held by S Jagathrakshakan, Lok Sabha MP & his family members to tune of Rs 89.19 cr, equivalent to the value of illegally acquired, held & transferred foreign security in Singapore based company in contravention of FEMA: ED
Court issues arrest warrant against former Punjab DGP Saini
- A Mohali court on Saturday issued an arrest warrant against former Punjab DGP Sumedh Singh Saini in connection with the 1991 Balwant Singh Multani disappearance case.
- The court has directed the police to produce Saini by September 25, according to the order.
- Saini, the former Punjab director general of police, continues to remain elusive despite the special investigation team of the Punjab Police conducting raids at several places to nab him.
419 more people test positive for COVID19 in Puducherry
The overall tally of infections rises to 19,439 in the UT.
Union AYUSH Minister Shripad Naik discharged from hospital
Goa: Union AYUSH Minister Shripad Naik discharged from hospital in Panaji today after being admitted for COVID19, for a month.
Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri reviewed the development work of Deoghar airport in Jharkhand, today.
Bihar’s active Covid cases reach 16,610
1,421 fresh COVID19 positive cases reported today in Bihar, taking the total count of active cases in the state to 16,610: Health Department, Government of Bihar
MP: Three held for cheating people of crores in loan racket
- Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh police have arrested three persons, including two women, from Noida for allegedly running a fake call centre and duping people of roughly Rs 10 crore by offering them soft loans, an official said on Saturday.
- The accused created several websites and have been trapping people since 2018 by promising them loans with low-interest rates, an official said, adding that a manhunt has been launched for another member of the racket.
- The accused have allegedly cheated close to 10,000 people to the tune of Rs 10 crore, the official said.
Haryana: Police bust illicit alcohol business in Ambala today
“Police received a tip about illegal smuggling activities in Mandhaur under the guise of a juice business. A truck was intercepted with 290 crates of alcohol. Further, probe underway,” says Ram Kumar, DSP, Ambala Cantt (ANI reports)
Country’s first airport COVID19 testing facility
Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) launched country’s first airport #COVID19 testing facility at Indira Gan… https://t.co/SHa7qqwXZ1
— ANI (@ANI) 1599901045000
Mumbai’s dabbawalas urge Maha govt to permit them to travel in local trains
Govt to introduce bill to make law banning manual scavenging more stringent
The government plans to make the law banning manual scavenging more stringent by introducing a bill in the Monsoon Session of Parliament, which is scheduled to begin from Monday. The Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation (Amendment) Bill, 2020, also proposes to completely mechanise sewer cleaning and provide better protection at work and compensation in case of accidents, officials said.
Indonesia reports 3,806 new coronavirus cases
Obama photographer’s Hyderabad trip makes it to TIFF film
- Veteran photojournalist Pete Souza’s trip to Hyderabad in May 2019 has made it to award-winning American filmmaker Dawn Porter’s feature- length documentary on the former’s nearly decade-long stint as Barack Obama’s Chief Official White House Photographer.
- The film, titled “The Way I See It”, premiered at the 45th Toronto International Film Festival.
Iran condemns deal to normalise Israel-Bahrain ties, describes it ‘shameful act’
Kerala: Rain lashes parts of Malappuram.
Will suspend flight for 2 weeks if anyone is found doing photography inside it
Indian Army took over all five individuals (missing from Arunachal Pradesh) at Kibitu today after completing all formalities
Individuals will now be quarantined for 14 days as per COVID-19 protocol and will thereafter be handed over to their family members: PRO Defence, Tezpur
Indian Army holding firm on Pangong heights
In the days following the Indian Army’s surprise move in taking control of key heights in the Pangong Tso area and ahead of the Jaishankar-Wang Yi meeting, China repeatedly poked and prodded along the border in a bid to test the Indian response. (Source: TNN)
Addressed conference on Afghan peace negotiations at Doha. Conveyed that peace process must be Afghan-led, Afghan-owned & Afghan-controlled, it must respect national sovereignty & territorial integrity of Afghanistan & must promote human rights & democracy
– EAM Dr. S. Jaishankar
Minister of State for External Affairs Muraleedharan participates in 27th ASEAN regional forum
Covid-19: 60% of total cases reported from 5 states
97,570 cases added in the last 24 hours in the country. Maharashtra has over 24,000 new cases. Andhra Pradesh & Kar… https://t.co/WccwqfYNfO
— ANI (@ANI) 1599895245000
Around 50 feared dead in DR Congo mine collapse: Authorities
NGT directs CPCB to recover fine from Amazon, Flipkart for excessive plastic packaging
The National Green Tribunal has directed the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to conduct environmental audit and recover fine from Amazon and Flipkart for violation of environmental norms. The green panel observed that the statutory regulators were not taking coercive measures, including invoking of “polluter pays” principle for enforcing the statutory norms against the e-commerce firms.
Iran says intercepted 3 US aircraft in army exercise
Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves proposed combination involving acquisition of 20% of the issued and paid-up equity share capital of Piramal Pharma Limited (Pharma Co.) by CA Clover Intermediate II Investments (Curie)
– Ministry of Corporate Affairs
The speedy construction of houses has been made possible due to the contribution of our labour brethren who returned from cities and took benefit of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana to build homes for poor people
– PM Modi
Odisha reported 3,777 new COVID19 cases
Shiv Sena’s Kamlesh Kadam and five others, arrested in connection with the attack on a retired Navy officer, granted bail
154 new cases take Arunachal’s COVID-19 tally to 5,825
To remove poverty, we have to strengthen poor and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is aimed at empowering them
– PM Narendra Modi
An Army vehicle met with an accident on Bikaner-Jaipur road at about 6 am today
Two officers – a Major and a Colonel – suffered fatal injuries. The other injured have been evacuated to hospital: PRO Defence, Rajasthan
Hateful content: Delhi Assembly panel summons Facebook official
A Delhi Assembly panel has issued a notice to Facebook India vice president and managing director Ajit Mohan asking him to appear before it on September 15 in connection with complaints about the social media platform’s alleged deliberate and intentional inaction to contain hateful content in the country.
739 new COVID-19 cases and 7 deaths reported in Rajasthan
PM Modi inaugurates 1.75 lakh houses built under PM Awas Yojana in MP
As part of ‘Grih Pravesh’ programme, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the houses built under Pradhan Mantri… https://t.co/sUmfzaV8II
— ANI (@ANI) 1599889449000
Prime Minister Narendra Modi takes part ‘Grih Pravesh’
Prime Minister Narendra Modi takes part in a programme – ‘Grih Pravesh’ organised under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana… https://t.co/MQf2ibX2iR
— ANI (@ANI) 1599888924000
Services on Delhi Metro’s Airport Express Line resumed today
Delhi: Services on Delhi Metro's Airport Express Line resumed today. A commuter at Shivaji Stadium Station says, "R… https://t.co/AVeNzifWEl
— ANI (@ANI) 1599888268000
Iran says Bahrain partner to ‘crimes’ of Israel after deal
NDA will win 220 seats in Bihar elections, form govt under Nitish Kumar
– Nityanand Rai
Delhi: Fire breaks out in a multi-storey plastic factory building at Shahjada Bagh area of Inderlok
9 fire tenders rushed to the spot, no casualties reported so far. The cause of fire is yet to be ascertained
Mainland China reports six new COVID-19 cases vs 15 a day earlier
Let’s block ads! (Why?)
, Economic Times reports