Blue Jays players could face jail time if they leave the team’s Toronto bubble
Mitchell’s report seemed to indicate the players need to be in the bubble all summer, which was a surprise to at least one Toronto player. Third baseman Travis Shaw quote tweeted Mitchell’s report Friday and claimed the players were told the bubble rule would be in place for just two weeks, which would align with the country’s order.
“All summer isn’t gonna happen,” Shaw claimed in a second tweet. “Not an option.”
Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo on Wednesday told reporters that 46 players had reported to the team’s Toronto bubble with another 12 stationed at its spring training facility in Florida. Last month, the team had to shut down that spring training facility after a player exhibited COVID-19 symptoms.
Toronto is scheduled to begin its season on July 24 against Tampa Bay.
Get the full article on Sporting News RSS