Case-Shiller House Prices, FHFA Conforming Loan Limits, Fed Chair Powell Testimony and More
by Calculated Risk on 11/29/2021 09:02:00 PM
From Matthew Graham at Mortgage News Daily: MBS RECAP: Bonds Find Footing After Shaky Start
This morning we found ourselves in the uncomfortable position of watching the bond market backtrack on massive gains at the end of the previous week. This is always a risk when the market goes on a big run–especially on a Friday. But rather than continue to erase Friday’s gains, bonds found their footing in the 10am hour as a part of a broader “risk-off” move. [30 year fixed 3.21%]
• At 9:00 AM ET, FHFA House Price Index for September. This was originally a GSE only repeat sales, however there is also an expanded index. The 2022 Conforming loan limits will also be announced.
• At 9:00 AM, S&P/Case-Shiller House Price Index for September. The consensus is for a 19.3% year-over-year increase in the Composite 20 index for September.
• At 9:45 AM, Chicago Purchasing Managers Index for November.
• At 10:00 AM, Testimony, Fed Chair Jerome Powell, Coronavirus and CARES Act, Before the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
• At 10:30 AM, FDIC Quarterly Banking Profile, Third quarter.
This article appeared firshere