FiCAS Subsidiary Bitcoin Capital Lists Actively Managed Bitcoin, Ethereum ETPs in Switzerland
Bitcoin Capital, a subsidiary of Zug, Switzerland-based investment manager FiCAS, has listed actively managed exchange-traded products (ETPs) offering exposure to bitcoin and ether on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
- Through active management, the products are designed to counter the price volatility inherent in crypto assets, Bitcoin Capital said Thursday.
- The 1 FiCAS Active Bitcoin ETP and 1 FiCAS Active Ethereum ETP are available to institutional, private and professional investors in Switzerland, Liechtenstein and European Union countries other than Hungary.
- Investors will be able to access the product through their bank or broker just as they would investments such as equities or bonds, according to Bitcoin Capital.
- The listing follows that of FiCAS’s actively-managed crypto ETP last year, which traded bitcoin against a range of other cryptoassets including ether, bitcoin cash and litecoin.
- Increasing awareness of crypto assets has driven the release of exchange-traded products in recent months as institutional investors seek exposure to the sector. While exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that invest directly in crypto have yet to be permitted in the U.S., other jurisdictions have been more sanguine. Among others, WisdomTree has listed bitcoin and ether products in Switzerland and the European Union and Canada also allows them.
Read more: 21Shares to List Europe’s First Polygon ETP in Paris, Amsterdam