Rainbow Six Siege: Best Tips for Playing as Sam Fisher (Zero)
Zero is an attacking operator with ROS. He was released on September 10th as part of Operation Shadow Legacy. This guide covers everything you need to know about Zero’s gadgets, weapons, synergies, counters and lore, with some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of him.
TEAM – Attacker / ARMOR – 2 / SPEED – 2 / DIFFICULTY – 2
Zero is equipped with a special handheld device called the Argus Launcher that can fire remote cameras anywhere on the map. Not only do these cameras stick to most surfaces – but they can even burrow through reinforced walls – allowing players to view enemies hiding on the other side. The Argus Launcher comes with 4 shots – allowing Zero to set up an impressive network of cameras. Each camera can also be flipped 180 degrees to view either side of the wall it is planted on – effectively doubling the intel acquisition potential.
These sticky cameras are also equipped with a single laser projectile each – that can be used to destroy defender devices – similar to how Twitch’s drone taser works.
Zero is the master of intel acquisition. His Argus Launcher can be used to set up an unrivaled network of cameras throughout the map – and can even be used to spy on defenders through reinforced walls. He can quickly identify critical enemy positions and even destroy key defensive tools using each camera’s laser projectile. His signature SC3000k offers a high rate of fire with decent control – and is a direct callback to his SC-20k from the popular [Splinter Cell] game series.
Zero is a force to be reckoned with. His SC3000k offers the high rate of fire typically associated with Sub Machine guns – but with the range of an Assault Rifle. Altneratively – he can be equipped with an MP7 to handle more close-quarters situations. It’s recommended to equip low magnification sights on either weapon to maintain situational awareness and focus on more intimate combat engagements, as opposed to long range firefights.
His claymores can be used to protect him while he uses the argus camera network – but he can also equip frag grenades and rush defenders.
Who Zero Counters
- Castle (Hard Counter): Castle’s bulletproof barricades are easily countered by several breaching-focused operators, including Ash.
- Maestro (Hard Counter): Maestro’s Evil Eye turrets are sturdy against bullets, but any explosive damage will destroy them, including Ash’s breaching rounds. This will only work if the round detonates near the turret, as it won’t explode at all when targeting the Evil Eye itself.
- Bandit (Soft Counter): On select maps, Ash can effectively counter a Bandit attempting to bandit trick a wall by launching a breaching round through a nearby drone hole. This tactic can also destroy batteries on nearby walls.
- Kaid (Soft Counter): Similar to Bandit, Ash can sometimes fire a breaching round near an electrified hatch to destroy Kaid’s Electroclaw.
Who Counters Zero
- Jäger (Hard Counter): Jäger’s ADS device will zap away Zero’s sticky cameras mid-flight
- Wamai (Hard Counter): Wamai’s Mag-NETS will grab Zero’s cameras out of the air as well and destroy them
- Bandit/Kaid (Hard Counter) Electrified walls and panels will instantly destroy any of Zero’s cameras deployed on the same surface – this includes cameras rotated to view the opposite wall
- Mute (Hard Counter): Mute’s signal jammer will temporarily disable Zero’s cameras until they are destroyed.
- Maestro (Soft Counter): Maestro’s Evil Eye can destroy any of Zero’s cameras.
- Any Hard-Breachers: Zero can check to see if an objective room is clear, and can effectively destroy any problematic devices within a secured room using his laser. This allows Thermite, Hibana, and any operators using the new Hard Breach gadget to have sufficient intel before breaching.
Zero is all about intel. Make sure you’re using a microphone to communicate with your team and set up a wide range of cameras.
Place cameras on dual-sided walls to take full advantage of the 180-Spin ability and maximize your recon potential.
Ping using the new Ping 2.0 system to mark critical information like Kapkan traps or Ela grzmot mines. Don’t forget each camera is equipped with a single laser projectile. Use them to destroy important devices and assist your team with the attack.
- Real Name: Samuel Leo Fisher
- Birthday: August 8, 1957
- Place of Birth: Baltimore, Maryland
- Height: 5.10m
- Weight: 77kg
“Prepare, execute, vanish.” Though the CIA and Third Echelon have classified the majority of Fisher’s childhood it is known he was born in the Baltimore suburb of Towson, Maryland, where he was raised by his paternal grandmother, Sarah. He was enrolled in a military boarding School where he learned to focus his energy, hone his skills, and to either follow orders or be sure to hide the evidence. From school Fisher enrolled directly in the United States Naval Academy where he majored in Political Science and later went on to pursue SEALs Training. While serving in the Persian Gulf, Bolivia, Columbia, Senegal, and Kosovo, Fisher became known for his ability to complete the mission, regardless of personal cost. After being awarded a Defense Distinguished Service Medal, Fisher spent time as an instructor at Little Creek Naval Base, Virginia. He was recruited to the CIA, where he [REDACTED]. — Zero in-game bio
Let’s block ads! (Why?)
, IGN Articles reports