Wednesday assorted links
1. “…the evolution of peer review is best understood as the product of continuous efforts to steward editors’ scarce attention while preserving an open submission policy that favors authors’ interests.”
2. “An estimated 1.2 million people died from snakebites in India between 2000 and 2019, the equivalent of more than 58,000 a year, according to a recent paper.” Link here.
3. The next wave of Facebook Bulletin writers.
4. Myhrvold says Portland is the best pizza city in the U.S.; I say eastern Connecticut.
5. Mastercard partners with Circle to settle stablecoin payments. Are we seeing “the rails built before our eyes”?
6. UAPx: new non-profit to monitor UFOs.
7. Ten questions you should not ask in Iceland.
The post Wednesday assorted links appeared first on Marginal REVOLUTION.
- In reply to Probably not. New Haven, would be western … by Floccina
- In reply to Wondering. Chicago ain’t that great either. by Problematic
- In reply to wait. Take your floppy wet slice, roll it up, and … by Brian Donohue
- 3. The next wave? I somehow missed all previous waves. by Jim Nazium
- In reply to OMG. I’m old enough to be wasting part of my life … by Larry Siegel
- Plus 10 more…