Wednesday: Retail Sales, Homebuilder Confidence, FOMC Statement
by Calculated Risk on 12/15/2020 09:32:00 PM
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Retail sales for November will be released. The consensus is for a 0.3% decrease in retail sales.
• At 10:00 AM, The December NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 88, down from 90. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.
• During the day, The AIA’s Architecture Billings Index for November (a leading indicator for commercial real estate).
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Meeting Announcement. No change to rate policy is expected at this meeting.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Forecasts This will include the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) participants’ projections of the appropriate target federal funds rate along with the quarterly economic projections.
• At 2:30 PM, Fed Chair Jerome Powell holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)
, Calculated Risk reports